Communities Under Construction - Updates Requested
From: Raines Cohen (raines-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:39:04 -0700 (MST)
Greetings, Cohousers. I'm charged with updating the "Communities Under
Construction" list for the next issue of The Cohousing Journal. I'll be
contacting individual communities for updates, but I figured the CoHo-L
is a good place to check in on any current status reports (are you moved
in yet?) or identifying any communities missing from this list, or
additional relevant info (is it a new phase? Is part done? Expecting a
milestone by May? Got exciting news? Experiences to Share?). Also, TCN
doesn't always hear about it when communities start or finish
construction. So, please do contribute corrections to this list! Thanks.

Raines

North American Cohousing Communities [listed as] under construction
[alpha by state]:

Manzanita Village               Prescott, AZ
Milagro                   Tucson, AZ
Sonoma County Cohousing   Cotati, CA [April groundbreaking]
Casa Verde Commons             Colorado Springs, CO
Greenway Park             Chicago, IL
Two Echo Cohousing             Brunswick, ME
Liberty Village           Libertytown, MD
Alchemy Farm                 East Falmouth, MA
EcoVillage at Ithaca         Ithaca, NY [adding second community?]
Blue Heron Farm                 Pittsboro, NC
Solterra                  Durham, NC
Nature's Spirit           Salem, SC
Cobb Hill                   Hartland, VT
Creekside Cohousing         Charlottesville, VA
EcoVillage of Loudoun County    Taylorstown, VA
Shadowlake Village             Blacksburg, VA
RoseWind                         Port Townsend, WA

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com/>

  Vice President, Swan's Market Cohousing [Old Oakland, CA]
Glad to have representatives from a couple of other communities joining
our consensus workshop yesterday - we learned from their experiences.

  Member, East Bay Cohousing [site searching] <http://www.ebcoho.org/>
Adapting to operate as an ongoing "umbrella" educational group,
supporting multiple site-search efforts and the many built communities
here.

  Boardmember, The Cohousing Network <http://www.cohousing.org/>
Reminding you to advertise in the Cohousing Journal and on the TCN
website to reach practically all North American Cohousers and wannabe
Cohousers.