Re: cohousing and the press
From: Jayne Kulikauskas (cmlmmalt.guild.org)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 13:45:09 -0700 (MST)
Amy Nesbitt <amy [at] ic.org> writes:

> Does anyone have experience with cohousing and the news?
> such as:
>
> "Channel 1 came and filmed a news story here, and then 10  people
> came by looking in windows and asking questions about compost to
> members that had no wish to chat with un-invited visitors..."
> or
> "10 families then signed up on the waiting list for the next open unit..."
>
> Please tell me as we are working on marketing new cohousing here in MI.

I don't have an answer but would like to add to the question.  Whole
Village has been approached by a producer to be the subject of a
documentary. The film would appear on national television.  We are
currently debating what to do about this.

Jayne Kulikauskas
 member of Whole Village: Sustainable Farm Community
  currently under development - see www.wholevillage.org