Searching/work/coordinating council
From: Cheryl A. Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:35:02 -0700 (MST)
I have just spent the better part of 6 hours trying to locate relevant
information on the coho-L. I figured out all the available options for
searching, and diligently got to work. And I sent out some individual
queries to folks that seemed to have something in place of particular
interest.

But I am a little boggled by the challenge of finding which threads are
really going to give me the information I need and retrieving only those,
unaccompanied by 250 messages that have little or no relevance.

We're having trouble getting the work done. We've been built 5 years, and
maintenance is becoming a concern. We do most of the maintenance ourselves,
and there is a core of individuals who end up doing most of the physical
work. There is a lot of concern about those who have three children and no
time, those who have physical limitations, those who have limited financial
resources to pay for contract services (for them, our dues already seem
high).

And some would say we are not having enough fun.

So I search under "work" and get 415 hits. There are so many variations.
Fair work share, labor economy, value for work, work credits, LETS, etc.

And we're also trying to explore including a "coordinating council" in our
new structure, to better manage and coordinate the tasks and the finances of
our community. We found out that leaving out the social-value tasks wasn't
going to fly, so we are drowning in tasks and concerns and confusion.

Somebody needs to write a reference book ...

Cheryl Charis-Graves
Harmony Village, Golden CO