Re: Good news
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:35:01 -0700 (MST)
> My cohort in cohousing is not convinced that contention in cohousing is less
> than conventional.
>
> In other words she reads the co-housing and sees more "confrontational
> material" than she is
> comfortable with.

People bring problems to the list -- that is what the list is for. To live
in cohousing, you do not have to subscribe to the list.

If you avoid contact with others there is no risk of contention. In
cohousing, ideally, the differences are respected and the problems worked
out instead of avoided as they are in most communities. In the end that
builds a stronger community.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org