Re: Looking for information -- Cyndie Prehmus
From: Peg Blum (pegbcambridgecohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:36:01 -0700 (MST)
The Cohousing Network's Community List found on www.cohousing.org shows at
least 3 built communities in Seattle and a retrofit just forming.  I find
that website with its links to the various individual community websites to
be so helpful.

As for the original question about forming a coop with owners and renters:
several years ago, I went to a workshop on Shared Housing (where I learned
about cohousing).  The workshop was led by a woman who had bought a large
house (in Boston, MA) with 3 other individuals and they rented out 4 rooms,
making a total of 8 residents.  Each person had one room and the house was
run cooperatively with weekly meetings, shared meals, etc.  I do remember
her emphasizing the importance of using a lawyer who was familiar with
cooperative agreements at time of purchase.  If you wish, I can try to
locate her.  Please contact me directly.

Peg Blum
Cambridge (MA) Cohousing

pegb [at] cambridgecohousing.org