RE: cohousing versus communes -- Chet Hazan
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 19:54:01 -0700 (MST)
Actually, the FIC website at www.ic.org  has a HUGE list of online
communities, so you can search online as well as the in the communities
directory.

A few more differences. In a commune, the land and buildings are owned the
by the group. Also, large communes are rare in the United States, most tend
to be less than 20 people.

Alpha Farm is one  of the oldest communal communities in the NW and they are
located on the web. You can find this, and other NW communities at the web
address below.

I do not think there is an online list serve for Intentional Communities
like this one. If you happen to find one, I'd like to know about it.

Rob Sandelin
Northwest Intentional Communties Association
www.ic.org/nica