cars: convenience vs necessity
From: eugeniep (eugeniepumich.edu)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:30:16 -0600 (MDT)
Greetings.
Although there is great appeal to leaving vehicles on the perimeter, it seems to me that these plans presume "ableness." My husband and I are both interested in cohousing, but are getting on in years. One of the aspects that we particularly like about our current condo is the attached garage that permits us to get into our house safely regardless of weather, especially ice. So I would caution against being too militant about requiring cars to be relegated to the outside, unless what you are looking for is a population that has no difficulties with mobility.
Eugenie Potter
eugeniep [at] umich.edu