Re: cars: convenience vs necessity
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 07:23:20 -0600 (MDT)
Thanks for mentioning this issue, Eugenie.  I would be very interested to
hear others in cohousing speak about the importance of accommodations to
those with limited mobility. I know, for example, at Sunward in Ann Arbor,
MI, they provide a bunch of large carts for people to use to schlep their
stuff from their car to their unit.  This would probably work for people
who can lift, walk distances and navigate bumpy terrain.  Do you have some
handicap-accessible units around the fringe with attached garages?  what
other solutions have you invented for your community?

Thanks!
-Maggi Rohde
 Honey Creek Cohousing, Ann Arbor, MI
 (wannabe-no-longer after four years on the list!)