Re: Newbies-was "boderline off topic"
From: Fred H Olson (fholsontcfreenet.org)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:06:22 -0600 (MDT)
Racheli Gai <jnpalme [at] attglobal.net> is the author of the message below
(dated Mon, 15 Apr 2002).  Since it was a delayed reply to a somewaht off
topic thread, it was put in archives only (with consent of author) by Fred
the Cohousing-L list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org>

>This is primarily a working list for people who are actively building
>cohousing. The people on this list are hard-working, intelligent people
>who care about others. I find it a little disingenuous for someone to
>start posting criticism of those who have given a lot of their time to
>help others achieve their dream of living in cohousing.

I find a lot of the above to be over-generalizing.
>From my experience, I found most people on the list to be friendly and
helpful, but there have been a few cases of gratuitous rudeness, too.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a new person offering criticism
- I think it's useful for people on the list to know how we come across to
newcomers, so that we can strive to improve.

R.