Re: fun (was business)
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:50:01 -0600 (MDT)
>I have to hold my tongue so many times when people start talking about
>having "fun". There are as many definitions of "fun" as there are of
>"business" or "process".

One thing that emerged in a recent community brainstorming session about
goals was that a great many members said they wanted to "have more fun."
When I read that, I thought, oh--parties and games, I guess.

It was VERY revealing when we started our next monthly meeting with the
check-in topic,
"What is your definition of fun, for yourself? Or, what's 'fun' for you?"

Of particular interest, was that many people said "For me, fun isn't
usually about partying or playing games...."

Many said that what was 'fun' was anything that gave them enjoyment,
including work parties, lively discussions and friendly debates, whimsy,
unexpected delights, things that made them laugh.

You might try a go-round of that question in your respective groups - it
takes only minutes, but reveals a lot about people!

Lynn Nadeau, RoseWind Cohousing
http://www.rosewind.org
http://www.ptguide.com