Planning the Agenda for the Meetings
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:35:20 -0600 (MDT)
I'm wondering how much time it takes people to plan the agenda for the
general meeting. We've recently decided to have a faciliation team.  This
group has been planning the agenda for each meeting.  They also choose who
will facilitate the meeting.  However, the main focus for this group was
originally supposed to be to help facilitators develop their skills to help
make meetings run well.  However, planning for the agenda for each meeting
seems to be taking all the time.  I think at the last meeting, there were
6-8 people in attendance and it took two hours to plan the agenda.  That
seems to me to be a lot of time.  At the end of the meeting, the word that a
couple people used to describe that meeting was "grueling."  So I'm
wondering how other communities plan their meeting agendas.  How much time
do you spend planning and how many people are involved in the planning?

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona