Criteria for setting meeting agendas
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:33:14 -0600 (MDT)
Would people be willing to say what are the criteria that you use for
setting agendas for meetings?   We have a parking lot of issue and some of
these  issues have been in the parking lot for many months.  Clearly, this
is discouraging many people.   These are issues that can wait.  And they do.
What is also frustrating to people is that some people wait and wait
patiently for issues which are important to them to come to the general
meetings.  Then someone else proposes an issue which needs immediate
attention.  So then the parking lot issues have to wait even longer.

For example, right now we have 13 issues in our parking lot.   Probably
about 6 of them could be combined into one big issue about funding items
that people would like for the community to purchase.   But other items have
been in the parking lot for close to six months.   This is demoralizing for
people.

Do  other groups have a way of deciding which issues should come to the
attention of the upcoming meeting?

Becky Schaller
Sonora Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona