RE: A Sense of Place
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 20:41:10 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 3 May 2002, Horvath, Jeanne wrote:
> I have been reading this thread with some interest.  I live in Ann
> Arbor, Michigan and I have visited the first co-housing development
> here, Sunward. The houses are beautiful as in the site.  My difficulty
> is with the distance from town and work.  When we moved to Ann Arbor, we
> bought a condo mostly because it is on three bus lines and I can bike to
> work.  We gave up one car.  If we lived in the new co-housing
> developments here, we would have a much harder time getting by with only
> one car.

Jeanne -- I'm a future Honey Creek resident (down the road apiece from
Sunward).  One thing I have considered is car sharing, which I know is
happening right now in many cohousing communities.  I also hope that, as a
considerable critical mass of over 100 units in our tri-community
development, we can wield some clout to have a bus stop put in within
reasonable walking distance from Sunward/Great Oak/Honey Creek.

-Maggi