assessment amounts
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 19:49:02 -0600 (MDT)
ASSESSMENT AMOUNTS

If you are a built community, it would be appreciated if you could
respond OFF LIST to me with your responses about assessments. I will then
compile the results and publish back to the list. Thanks, Lynn at
RoseWind, Port Townsend WA.

Respond to: welcome [at] olympus.net (not coho-l)

NAME OF GROUP, WHERE, # households
BASIS: per household? or size of family/ # adults, size of building,
sliding scale, or ?

COVERS- anything besides group expenses?
Assumption is that most assessments cover association costs like
insurance of common holdings and liability on commons, landscape
maintenance equipment, taxes on commons or other properties owned by the
association, photocopying, committee expenses (trainings, supplies,
childcare, advertising), legal and accounting costs, operating expenses
for common house (utilities, phone, repairs), and reserve funds for
depreciation and replacement.
Note here if your assessment covers anything for the individual homes
(heat, maintenance, water, trash etc), or any other significant line
items beyond the above assumptions.

AMOUNT per month:

RESET ANNUALLY? (or?)

EXAMPLE:
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA 24hh
Per hh, with sliding scale down to 75% of equal-share amount, in
confidential pledging which also allows voluntary over-equal pledges to
offset the lower pledges.
Covers- "usual" only (and we have no snow removal expenses, and much is
done by volunteers)
Per month: $84 (assuming equal-share contribution of $1013 for 2002;
those who pledged the minimum paid $63/month)
Reset annually, based on budget process.