Re: Dancing Rabbit Cohousing?
From: Tree Bressen (bressenefn.org)
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 07:15:02 -0600 (MDT)
Fred wrote:

> It seems like a challenge to me for a group to organize if they are
> currently widely dispersed.  Possible strategies:

> It seems to me that groups do generally evolve in a "place" of some sort,
> but maybe there is another way.

I just want to put in a plug for Dancing Rabbit.  They are wonderful,
dedicated folks, who have accomplished an impressive amount since moving
to their land several years ago.  They originally formed around Berkeley,
CA with an intention to form a community that was more radically
ecological than most existing intentional communities.  A big part of why
they chose Missouri to relocate to is because there are NO BUILDING CODES
in effect there!  Thereby making thier ecological building projects much
more within reach.

I'm excited to see more links forming between the burgeoning cohousing
movement and the established intentional community movement.  I think
these groups have a lot in common and can learn a lot from each other.

Cheers,

--Tree