Re: Intergenerational Activities
From: steve boylan (boylanworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 13:36:02 -0600 (MDT)
Becky asked:

> What kinds of intergenerational activities do other communities
> have where adults and kids are encouraged to interact and get to know
> each other better?

Hmmm ... we don't have a community built yet, but here are some of the
things I've been involved in in other settings.  These tend to be
activity-based:

  *  Song circles for all ages
  *  Making ice cream (you'd be amazed at how hard a bunch of 5-year-olds
        can work!)
  *  Folk dancing, especially group-oriented dances such as contras and
        traditional squares
  *  Workshop and craft projects where more experienced participants
        guide the less experienced
  *  Gardening together
  *  All-ages "play" events - board games, outdoor games, etc.

                                - - Steve Boylan
                                Wild Onion Cohousing