Re: Kid and Seniors
From: Ormond Otvos (ormondmail.com)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:08:01 -0600 (MDT)
I observe that seniors like to repeat themselves
and tell stories, and kid love to hear stories
repeated.

Does there seem to be something here? I'd take a
look at the extended family natural to humans, and
how it is ridiculously and pseudo-efficiently
jammed out of our consumerist life.

Why, if kids talked to seniors, they'd buy less
and be happier. Can't have that.

Ormond Otvos, SW Florida Retiree.

METAPHORS WE LIVE BY: We often take the myths of
our own culture as truths. The myth of objectivism
is particularly insidious in this way. Not only
does it purport not to be a myth, but it makes
both myths and metaphors objects of belittlement
and scorn." Lakoff

But we must agree on our axioms, even if we agree
on pretty lies, before we can tell our myths
successfully.