Re: Question: Flyers in the Commonhouse
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 20:54:07 -0600 (MDT)
Just another viewpoint from someone who lives in the same community w/
Sharon -- I LIKE the flyers -- don't find them offensive.  While I don't
often agree w/ the viewpoint expressed in them, I like knowing what's
"cooking" out there.  I think it's an expression of what others in the
community are interested in and so I want to know what THEYare concerned
about enough to leave a flyer.  I consider it a service by those who put
them there.

I know that others in our community feel as Sharon does --a viewpoint from
one who is very considerate and concerned about how our CH looks.  She has
been a real stand for this.  It's just not the only viewpoint about how our
CH might look.

This is what makes cohousing so interesting to live in -- we get to work all
this stuff out while people in traditional neighborhoods get to ...do what?
It's been so long I forget what I used to do before I discussed flyers by
the mailboxes.  See...it's not about flyers...it's about relationships:
creating them, splintering them, redeeming them over and over again -- and
that is endlessly fascinating to me.  (Eloquent thoughts for 9:30 a.m. --
this is what happens when I eat a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast.)

I can't wait to see what kind of email I get from my community on this

Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC. -- America's
Hometown!