Re: Affordable Unit Lotteries
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:37:19 -0600 (MDT)
I believe that the entire cohousing neighborhood in Aspen (Common Ground?)
was built as an affordable, employee housing project.  We visited them about
5 years ago so my memory is somewhat vague.  I recall that they sold units
that would normally go for about $300K in the Aspen market for about $100K.
Needless to say, the units were very popular and I believe they used a
lottery.

My impression when I visited was that there wasn't a real strong sense of
community.  Perhaps that was because folks' primary intention of living
there wasn't a strong sense of community, but rather, low cost housing.

- Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody."
                           - Bill Cosby