Cohousing Guestroom Fee Survey
From: Joani Blank (joaniswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 14:37:23 -0600 (MDT)
Here is the report from my little survey of guest room user fees in cohousing communities:

I received responses from 27 different communities, 9 of which do not have guest rooms or do not have them yet. Five communities do not charge for their guest rooms although a few of those accept donations.Two communities charge $5 p/night, one charges $7. three charge $10., two charge $15., and two charge $25.

Other arrangements:

1-family and friends are free, cohousing folks $10., general public $25.
2-personal related users $25, unrelated strangers $50.
3-$25. plus $15. for cleaning each night up to five nights, $1. each additional night.
4-each household gets seven free nights per year
5-each member household gets five nights a year free then pays $10/night

Thanks to those who contributed their communities information for this survey.

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Oakland CA