Re: Advertising advice
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 06:57:07 -0600 (MDT)
My comments on this concise and right-on post:

> What worked for Pathways:
>
> 1) Web page was great
> 2) Local presentations with the cohousing video at the local YMCA
> 3) Cohousing stories in the local paper (created awareness)
I got involved because there was a story on cohousing in the REAL ESTATE
section. (This was obviously closer to move-in) I was ready to buy a house.
There were three of us who got involved because of that and we are all still
here.

> And, as has been said before, once you get folks to come to a meeting, you
> have to KEEP them coming.   To do this you need well-run, organized,
> informative, fun, productive and interesting meetings (I'm not asking much,
> am I?).  Don't worry about controversy, but handle it well- that really
> impresses people.

Also a big point for me-my first meeting was controversial and
contentious-but the process was great. I was hooked.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing