Re: Advertising advice/Collaborating w/ other Cohos
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 06:57:19 -0600 (MDT)
(I added to the subject line to broaden the discussion a bit.)

As always, thank you, thank you, thank you, Rob.  Can I add on to this great
advice that where there are multiple communities in an area being *built*
that they also pool their resources for advertising/marketing and outreach?
Cohousing is about cooperating w/ one's neighbors...why not collaborate w/
your neighboring cohousing communities as well?

Here in the "mid Atlantic area" we have six cohousing communities in some
stage of development or completion.  This Sat. the mid-Atlantic Chapter of
TCN is hosting our first conference for people actively involved in building
or living in cohousing.  Our theme for the conference is that we are a
"community of communities" and one of our goals is to get cohousers in our
area talking to each other.  Esp. those in built communities.  We keep
reinventing the wheel on things like replacement reserves, workshare
accountability,  maintenance tracking, etc. when folks could pick up a phone
and call a knowledgeable person in another community.  A lot of times it's
not even a long distance call.  AND since many of the regulations we come up
against are state regs we can actually share specific info that we glean as
we work our way in and around the various bureaucracies.

Just some thoughts...

Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC. -- America's