Re: Re: On having an oven
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:19:00 -0600 (MDT)
Martie -- were you required to have a stove/oven in order to get a
Certificate of Occupancy?  I believe that this is a requirement because the
stove/oven is what is often used by jurisdictions to define a house.  In
some jurisdictions if you have a house w/ two stoves/ovens your one house
can be considered two houses.  This has happened here in Mont. Co. in group
homes.  Multiple unrelated people living together and sharing the kitchen
and having two stoves/ovens.  Two refrigerators are fine.  It seems to be
the stove that makes the difference.

While your builder may not supply some items they may still be necessary for
to get a C of O before you can go to settlement.

Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC. -- America's
Hometown!