Re: New eco-village
From: aamato (aamatoworldbank.org)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:11:14 -0600 (MDT)
I am really excited that the tide has turned in the kind of coverage of
cohousing we are seeing.  All the recent articles I have seen are very positive
and don't even mention the word "commune!"  This is a far cry from we in the
Washington DC area were seeing just 2 and a half years ago in the Washington
Post, when they basically called us updated hippies and focussed on the 1 family
who may have left because they "couldn't deal with communal decision-making."

The Madison, Wisconsin article was great -- Best of luck Village Cohousing!

Anna Amato
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC
...where we just hosted a great Cohousing Conference this past weekend and had a
blast meeting other cohousers.

                    Amy Rountree

                    <amychris [at] merr.com>          To:     Cohousing-L [at]
Cohousing.Org
                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    cohousing-l-admin@coh        Subject:     [C-L]_New
eco-village
                    ousing.org

                    06/11/2002 05:36 PM

                    Please respond to

                    cohousing-l

Hello everyone:

Here is a link to an article in Madison Wis. newspaper The Capital Times
about a new eco-village group forming here:

http://www.madison.com/captimes/news/local/27262.php

--Amy Rountree, The Village Cohousing, Madison Wisconsin