Re:new thread? siding
From: HeidiNYS (HeidiNYSaol.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:22:01 -0600 (MDT)
Dear Wonderful List Serv Contributers,

Have really enjoyed reading sharings re: CommonHouse use....not much to add
on that front.

am writing to ask for your advice/experience.

Having been part of development & moving into Co-ho 4 & 1/2 yrs ago..... I'm
moving... next door.
I married fairly recently.  By great good fortune, and a lot of work on the
part of one dear neighbor, Cantines Island was able to buy a little adjacent
piece of property....  one household is re-habing the older house there, and
we hope to have three addt'l.
Steve & I w be building there...
and so, am writing to ask specifically about HOUSE SIDING......  [long
preamble, short question]

Our Architect is recommending Fiber Cement.... is installed in sheets, &
painted....  I havent yet seen samples....  Any Experience witht his stuff?

Do/don't you recommend?
thanks,
Ruth Hirsch
Cantines Island Co-ho
Saugerties NY.... our gardens/landscaping look great!