Re: Diversity??? Why, yes, thanks. We have lots. How about
From: Hans Tilstra (tilstrasmartchat.net.au)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:12:12 -0600 (MDT)
When we do info sessions the participants often have a chuckle when we try
to articulate the cohousing norm. The alternative of pretending to be
normless is just as much a statement, but feels like it's one with a bit
more of a "should" mixed in.

So far, I represent the cohousing movement's norm as correlating with
- higher levels of education, (suggesting this is a clever thing to do)
- earlier adoption of innovation (although with plenty of case studies to
not have to reinvent the wheel)
- left-of-the-middle politically (although clearly not going into communes,
kibbutz territory)

If this gives cohousing an identity, a sense of belonging, I can think of
worse norms.

;-) Hans
http://home.vicnet.net.au