resales
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:52:04 -0600 (MDT)
There are currently six available cohousing units in the Seattle/Puget Sound
area. Some of these, the highest priced ones, have been available for
awhile. Resales are mixed, and depend upon local economies, pricing, and the
community. There is a unit for sale in a SW cohousing group that has been on
the market more than two years now. There are units which sell overnight. My
advice, is you are worried about resales is to stay in the low priced
category, the higher priced units seem to be the ones that take the longest
to sell. I visited a group once that had 3 units for sale, one of which had
been empty a year. Not a good resale story. In some places, like the Bay
area, demand might be much higher than in other places.

I don't recommend starting a new group from scratch unless there are no open
places which work for you. In my experience, more than half of all start up
groups fail.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood, which has  some of the highest priced units on the market, but
they are actual houses with a huge greenbelt, and according to the local
economics, they are worth all that money. Of course we also have some rental
spaces also to balance it out. www.sharingwood.org