Re: Adopting Common Areas
From: Jock Coats (jock.coatsoxfordlibdems.org.uk)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:41:00 -0600 (MDT)
Laura Fitch, A.I.A. wrote:

The design review procedure has several categories: minor changes, major changes, and changes to community buildings. There is a procedure that involves providing sketches, notifying everyone, scheduling a design review meeting, and posting decision for a period of time. There are a few people in the community who consider the procedures onerous - but most folks think they are really necessary.

This and the resale issue interests me, from a slightly different perspective.

Whole life housing.

You know, the kind of stuff that's meant to give you space to marry have kids and then when they go off contract again into retirement and so on. Now it seems to me that something about co-housing offers these possibilities, but when I think further about it, perhaps it does not. Once people are in their particular size home on a co-housing project presumably that's pretty much it. It's not as close to the commune concept where people use what space they need at a particular period in their lives and then give it back again when they no longer need it.

Is there any happy medium, or am I talking hippy heaven and not co-housing?...:-)

Jock

*    Jock Coats, M3a Morrell Hall, OXFORD, United Kingdom, OX3 0TU   *
* T:+44 7769 695767 F:+44 845 1275714 E:jock.coats [at] jcsolutions.co.uk *
* W1:http://www.jcsolutions.co.uk W2:http://www.oxfordlibdems.org.uk *