Newbie advice :)
From: Rhea Richmond (honeysucklesgci.net)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:46:01 -0600 (MDT)
Greetings!  My husband and I (along with our three children) are interested
in cohousing in Alaska.  As far as I can tell there aren't any here and
we'll be starting a group.

I've read what I could find on the web, and am mostly through "The Cohousing
Handbook" but I still have lots of questions.  Is this forum open to those?
I'll continue as though they are, please just inform me if I'm out of line.

When starting a group, would you suggest mentioning your own desires in it?
For example, we'd really like to attract others who are interested in
keeping horses.  Would you suggest mentioning such things up front in the
ad, or are the ads usually generic?

I love the cars being separate, but wonder how that works in places where
the winters are cold with lots of snow?  Anyone with experience in that
area, I'd love to hear what your group chose and how it is working for you.

Are there any groups that have done owner-built homes or alternative
construction?

Any books you'd suggest to help us out, or advice, please send it on. :)

Thank you,

Rhea Richmond
a cohousing wannabe in Alaska