Re: Adopting Common Areas
From: pattymara (pattymarajuno.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:34:02 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:32:45 +0100 Jock Coats
<jock.coats [at] oxfordlibdems.org.uk> writes:
> Elizabeth Stevenson wrote:
>
> >I happily disagree. We've had several members move to different
> size units
> >within our community. It works great.
> >

> Swaps within the community or waiting for empty units?

I'll chime in, here.  At Tierra Nueva, cen. CA coast, we've had several
house "swaps" among families and couples.  They went through the regular
real estate transactions (without real estate agents) and bank mortgage
route.  It generally involved families needing more or less space, or in
one case, a single man marrying and bringing his bride home, who wanted a
different house.   We've learned that before an owner advertises locally
or nationally, that it behooves them  to offer it to the community first.
  6 homes have resold, 5 internally, 1 to a new family.

By the way, in terms of resale value (California inflated real estate
prices) we are seeing an average of a 30-40 % value increase after 4
years of being here.

Patty Mara
Tierra Nueva, where I am off to the common house for the First Day of
Summer breakfast for the kids.  Happy Solstice everyone!