Re: Integrating new poeple
From: Marty Roberts (MartyRsonic.net)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:41:01 -0600 (MDT)

> From: cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org
> Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 12:01:01 -0500 (CDT)
> To: cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org
> Subject: Cohousing-L digest, Vol 1 #529 - 4 msgs
>
> Rosa wrote:
>> Any ideas as to ways to help
>> new folks feel more comfy, and ways to help our (largely
>> shy/introverted) "established" folks be more welcoming?  Activities, etc.
>
> You could try a few "diversity"-type games.  Besides being fun and getting
> folks moving, people often discover things they have in common during
> exercises like that, and that gives them a connection to build from.  Here
> are some examples:

I participated in a neat exercise at a party at another coho group where
many people did not know each other.  We paired up with people we didn't
know and then tried to discover something we had in common.  It was quite
easy, very interesting and you quickly had a bond with this otherwise
stranger.

Marty Roberts
Two Acre Wood