Re: Re:new thread? siding
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:38:01 -0600 (MDT)
In a message dated 6/19/02 8:22:27 AM, HeidiNYS [at] aol.com writes:

<< Our Architect is recommending Fiber Cement.... is installed in sheets, &
painted....  I havent yet seen samples....  Any Experience witht his stuff?

We have it (Hardiplank brand) and have not had any problems with it, but its
only been two years.  The workers weren't too fond of it, as it's heavy and
dulls saw blades fairly quickly, but other than that it wasn't hard to work
with.

We supposedly have a 50-year guarantee (I son't know if this offere is still
on).  Paint is not supposed to peel, but gradually fade (none has peeled so
far).  Feel free to come on by and look...

Roger Berman
Pathways
Northampton, MA