Re: Affordable Cohousing? -- Mosher
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:26:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hi all-

The city of Asheville, NC, is working on a project provisionally called
Brotherton Cohousing that will be built on land the city acquired using
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. This means 51% of the units
will be affordable to persons at or under 80% of the area median.  The contact
person is Charlotte Caplan, the city's community development director.
Unfortunately, I'm travelling and don't have the number with me at the moment,
but I think you can get the info via the city's web page.

I think the new cohousing, Bolin Creek, trying to get off the ground in
Carrboro, NC, is working with the local land trust to try to make some units
affordable.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eno Commons
Durham, NC
Where I'm getting ready for my impending move to DC and changing my career to
focus more on long-term disaster recovery and less on regular community
development.  See www.employees.org/~enoweb if you are interested in moving to
Eno Commons or know someone who might be.