Re: Motivations and Realities
From: Howard Landman (howardpolyamory.org)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:46:01 -0600 (MDT)
> "I am interested in creating integrated
> communities that welcome a diverse
> range of people including low income persons. This
> requires including
> affordable units in the mix of units in a project

I wonder how people would have reacted if this had
instead read:

"I am interested in creating integrated
 communities that welcome a diverse range
 of people including high income persons.
 This requires including spacious units
 with many amenities in the mix of units
 in a project ..."

I have seen dozens of posts which ask how to
encourage low-income people to move into
cohousing.  I don't think I have seen any at all
asking about how to attract high-income people.
I sense a form of reverse discrimination at
work here.  Anyone care to give a rationale for
this bias?

        Howard A. Landman
        River Rock Commons
        Fort Collins CO