Re: Re: [C-L] Diversity in Cohousing
From: Martie Weatherly (martiewearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 01:17:00 -0600 (MDT)
In Liberty Village, we financed a large part of our development by
investments from members, of widely varying amounts and all private
(known only to a couple of people). When we got to needing more money,
we would "pass the hat" and everyone would write down wnat they could
give.

We also did this with smaller projects, like extra trees. People
contributed what they could, and there was no criticism if you didn't
contribute because no one knew. It keeps the community from operating at
the lowest possible denominator.

YOur community might want to consider changing the idea that some people
are "blocking" to "has concerns" and the community could discover the
concerns and find an alternative that addresses them.

Martie Weatherly
Liberty Village, Libertytown, MD
martiew [at] earthlink.net