Re: Re: [C-L] Diversity in Cohousing
From: Cheryl A. Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:35:02 -0600 (MDT)

What strikes me immediately about what Liberty Village has done is break the
"set" of "ways to finance a want/need" in community.

Will it work equally well for all groups/settings or in response to every
situation? No, but it provides an example of another alternative. As I've
gotten more experience with this whole situation, I have come to believe
that the more we can get out of our "sets" and gain more access to
alternative solutions, the more effective  ? and satisfied ? we will be.

And there's something about that which seems almost elemental. Perhaps as a
truth about problem-solving in general, or groups in general. Basically, I
think it means dropping our "positions" and looking for what satisfies the
basic need (which can be tricky to identify). That has been written about
before by many others, both on this listserv and in well-known books on the
subject. I wonder what it takes for a group to come to that awareness and
function at that level on a day-in/day-out basis?

Cheryl
Harmony Village
Golden, CO