Affordability as Intention
From: Maggie (maggiefairy-godmother.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:53:01 -0600 (MDT)
What if the primary intention is to get more affordable housing built.  The
Canadian government has recently committed $680 million over 5 years towards
building new affordable housing.  Each province is expected to match the
dollars assigned to it.  Why can't whatever is built include some cohousing?
My experience of low-income folks (the word "poor" is a bit offensive to us)
is that they are often more open to sharing what little they have and
getting along in tight conditions than the majority.  If not some scaled
down form of cohousing, what should we build with the money?  We want
community too!

Love and light,
Maggie Dutton,
Board Secretary of both,
H.O.M.E.S. Housing Ourselves Made Easy Society and
Family of Men Support Society.
In Calgary, Canada, where we safely hosted the G8 and showcased the Canadian
way.  And...the smoke from Denver must be blowing in a different direction
today.