Re: Diversity in Cohousing
From: Jock Coats (jock.coatsoxfordlibdems.org.uk)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 08:47:01 -0600 (MDT)
Kay Argyle wrote:

I'm interested in just what level of income causes someone to be
considered poor.  > Ruth Gardner
Over here 'poor people' don't get affordable housing. They get social housing. It's people like me who are reasonably comfortable on above average (just) salary but for whom that leaves you woefully short of being able to participate in home ownership, who would get affordable housing. That includes huges swathes of professional and semi-professional (public sector mainly) workers. Teachers, nurses, newly qualified doctors, HE staff and all sorts of others earning a decent income but priced out of property.

My project in Oxford will I hope catch both groups. Indeed its main target is 'people like me' I guess - so the ones who require not for profit housing and want a say in how it's provided.

Jock