Diveristy in Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:18:01 -0600 (MDT)
>> Did any of us say that one should work so much in cohousing
>> as to exclude participation in other communities?
>
>> Notice that I said below: ...Why are people who don't
>> want to give ANY of their time to the community..."

The original subject, the context in which Howard and I were making our
comments, was that:

(1) limiting cohousing to those people who have time "to give" for cohousing
chores limits diversity in cohousing, and further,

(2) the effort required to start a cohousing community and keep it
developing in the right direction is enormous. Money is just as necessary as
time.

Then our comments were skewed into the arguments of other people. You can't
change the subject _and_ use our comments as the basis of your argument.

Repeat: If you want to discuss another subject, don't take my comments out
of context and use them to support your argument.

Diversity in cohousing is the subject I was discussing.

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org