Re: Function of Board of Homeowners Association
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:19:02 -0600 (MDT)
This is the way I remember it, so maybe David can correct me if I'm wrong.

We have similar requirements here in CA. When we were still getting it
built, we had a steering committee that oversaw the other committees and
coordinated our efforts. That committee morphed into the AFL - Admin,
Finance and Legal committee, after we moved in. (We tried to think of a
committee that would have the initials "CIO", but failed.) People on that
committee have the official titles that the HOA is required to have, like
president, treasurer, etc. Some of these titles, like treasurer, have actual
jobs that go along with them; our treasurer does the accounting. But the
president is a meaningless position, only existing to sign documents. So the
"board" does meet regularly, but their function is set up to meet our needs.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing