Long-term affordability
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:38:01 -0600 (MDT)
Bruce Hecht, Corvallis, OR     <brucehe [at] peak.org>
is the author of the message below.
   http://csf.colorado.edu/cohousing/2001/msg01672.html

We are a forming cohousing group that is discussing the topic of long-term
affordability. We understand that the Community Land Trust structure and the
Limited Equity Coop structure model use a variety of formulas to limit the
sale price of a unit over time with a goal of maintaining long-term
affordability. Have any cohousing projects capped equity or appreciation of
the sale of units using these approaches or other methods?  If you have
please reply to my message with what you did, what legal structure you used
to enforce it along with the pluses and minuses in your opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Bruce Hecht
Coho Cohousing
Corvallis, OR