Equity
From: Amy Cervantes (dnacervantesearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:21:05 -0600 (MDT)

Wondering what others have experienced in terms of being able to get equity loans in cohousing.  The reason I was wondering was that, from what I understand, homes in cohousing communities seem to gain value almost from the moment you move in due to the high demand and low availability (not much turn over, etc.)  But would a mortgage company necessarily take that into consideration when assessing the value?  It occurred to me there might be an "instant equity" advantage.
Thanks,
An almost member of "Honey Creek" Cohousing, Ann Arbor, MI
--- Amy Cervantes
--- dnacervantes [at] earthlink.net