Grants
From: Amy Cervantes (dnacervantesearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 07:04:02 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Folks,
An idea came up at our last planning meeting re. the use of a windmill(s) for energy for our future cohousing community.  Although I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, I'm relatively new to the list-serve and wonder if anyone knows of leads for grants, or other financial incentives for communities that are interested in using alternative means of energy, as well as other "green" ideas we might consider implementing.  We are willing to consider investing somewhat more initially if there is a prospect for longterm savings, but we are a modest group and couldn't really consider anything that would substantially increase our initial housing costs.
Thanks!
Amy
"Honey Creek" (that's changing it's name) Cohousing in Ann Arbor, MI

--- Amy Cervantes
--- dnacervantes [at] earthlink.net