Re: to realtor or not to realtor?
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:21:01 -0600 (MDT)
Sharon Villines  wrote:
<<But essentially it was because there was no real estate person or mortgage
broker handling all the paperwork. I can't tell you how many pieces of paper
the bank lost and how many forms they couldn't explain clearly. I don¹t know
if you need more than a lawyer to sell property but to buy and get a
mortgage, I wouldn't do it again without an agent or broker.>>

I think that what Sharon describes may well be very useful. (Though,
here at Monterey  Cohousing ,(Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN) we have
done without for two condo sales (plus the original sales, the  closer
helped a lot!)

What seems to be true is that in selling cohousing we are selling a
lifestyle, not just a house, and that realtors really can't do that. I
was just talking to a former resident whose townhouse has been for
sale for a while, and she said she had two "top" realtors, with no
sale, and now realizes sales will come through the cohousing
connections, web site, etc.

Judy

A studio-size coop apt may be for sale in a year,
 a 3 BR townhouse is for sale
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epi.umn.edu
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments       in the Mansion (a rehab Georgian building)
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
coops moved in in 1993, townhomes in 1996