Re: Kitchen Design [Was Dishwasher]
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:44:01 -0600 (MDT)
Heartwood Cohousing is a community of 24 homes.

We bought a used commercial, under-counter dishwasher (Hobart, I believe).
It works great.  The cycles are about 2 or 3 minutes.  The dishes do come
out wet, but we have lots of counter space and a dry climate, so no problem.

And we have an open kitchen design and love it.  We designed the kitchen to
be closed off in the future in case noise turned out to be a problem, but we
have no dining room noise problem (even with the dishwasher running), except
maybe that unruly tribe of kids that sometimes get a little too excited when
dessert shows up.  I think the secret to our success with acoustics is our
Tectum ceiling.  The cork floors also probably help.

Ditto on the recommendation for open cupboards and labels for drawers and
closed cupboards.

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

. . . . . where we're finally getting some rain that will hopefully end this
drought and restore our community water wells.  We're down to about 55 gal
per household per day.  Yikes.

"Only those willing to go too far will know how far they can really go."
    - Chuck Yeager