Re: Affordable co-housing?
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:39:01 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Kay Argyle wrote:
> On the subject of small unit design -- my room-mate & I were
> impressed with the layout of the one-bedroom and studio units at
> Trillium Hollow (Portland).

Thanks for your descriptions, Kay!  Here are the floor plans for
these units:

Studio: http://www.trillium-hollow.org/WK/Blueprints/studio.gif
1bdrm: http://www.trillium-hollow.org/WK/Blueprints/1bdr.gif

> Most units face the courtyard.  The small units are (all/mostly?)
> on the first floor, excellent for an older couple or single
> person.

In Michigan, where every house has a basement, we will probably
build our 1-bedrooms stacked one on top of each other.  The bottom
level will have a basement; the top level will not (and will
therefore be cheaper).

-Maggi