Re: Re: Market Survey
From: stella tarnay (starnayworld.std.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:04:01 -0600 (MDT)
Thanks, Peg. I would have actually put that a little differently had I
known you were going to forward that out to (this) list.

To put it in more general terms that would be of interest to a greater
number of people, strategic contact with a section editor of the Boston
Globe (and someluck) contributed to that succesful Real Estate Cambridge
Coho article. The teaser article/press release gave some basic information
that the reporter lifted to make their job easier. There is some
professional skill invovled in this, although groups may have it in-house.

One thing I discovered when I was marketing for Cambridge Cohousing is that
section editors of the same paper didn't talk to each other (who has time?)
and I could make the same pitch to the same paper, different sections, and
it would still be news. Different angle, of course.

Stella Tarnay

Please see the following amendment to my previous post.  How soon we forget!

Stella Tarnay, who was one of the key players in Cambridge Cohousing's early
days, wrote the following to remind me:  (Stella is now the editor of the
Cohusing Journal.)  Thank you, Stella!

> Hi Peg -- too bad there's no more BCN (Boston Cohousing Network), huh? You
neglected to mention that I made the pitch to Boston Globe for that
Cambridge Coho Real Estate Article,
> and Cambridge Coho hired me for $250 to write a teaser article that the
Boston Globe reporter used as a base.