Re: guns and cigarettes
From: Berrins (Berrinsaol.com)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:27:01 -0600 (MDT)
Pathways-

I'll start with the easy one first; smoking.

    Not allowed in all public areas, okay in your own house.  We also have
only one person who smokes and even she doesn't smoke in her own house.
Technically, since we are set up as a condo association and everything from
the outside walls on out is condo property, including porches and decks, she
is not supposed to smoke there, but no one has brought this up and I don't
mind.

Guns:
    -Offically, we have a no guns allowed anywhere (including inside homes)
policy in our rules and regs, but I think this is a big mistake and was brow
beaten into consensus during the discussion.  It's not that I like or dislike
guns, it's that I think it's an unenforceable rule.  One of those
constitutional things.  I wouldn't relish taking on the NRA in an ultimately
losing battle, nor can I imagine any lawyer taking the case.

Roger
Pathways Cohousing
Northampton, MA