Re: Re: punishment/Non Violent Conflict-Resolution
From: Racheli Gai (jnpalmeattglobal.net)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:40:01 -0700 (MST)
For people who are interested in ways to resolve conflict
with kids in non-violent manner, I very much recommend
Marshal Rosenberg's Non Violent Conflict Resolution (NVC),
also known as Compassionate Listening method.
There is a book, video tapes, and in many places there are
local trainers which can help individuals and groups learn
and practice a better way.
There is also an NVC website, which includes resources for parents, and an
NVC parenting email listing.  (I'm not on it, so I can't say what it's
like).
I'm convinced that how we treat our children has everything
to do with the "larger" issues of war, peace (and perhaps our  chances to
survive as a species).

R.