Hiring an Architect
From: Robert Arjet (robertarjet.net)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:27:46 -0700 (MST)
Hello folks:

Please excuse me if I'm asking an old question, but I don't seem to be able to turn up what I'm after in the Cohousing-L archives.

We (Central Austin Cohousing in TX) are in the process of hiring an architect for site design, and possibly other phases of the design process. I've read the section dealing with hiring professionals in "The Cohousing Handbook," and now I was wondering if any cohousers out there who was involved in hiring an architect could share what you've learned. Are there suggestions you would make for how to go about the process? Pitfalls to avoid? What about hiring an architect from within the group? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Arjet
Central Austin Cohousing
http://www.austincohousing.org